This Saturday, July 27, 2013 we are showing everyone’s favorite rock ‘n’ roll fantasy film Almost Famous at the Los Angeles Trade Tech College (400 W Washington Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90015). This week we welcome folk rock band The Cerny Brothers, an LA-based duo originating from Illinois, and local act Miracle Parade. We have to say, this is one of our favorite movies, and we are really excited to show it at the drive-in.
The doors open at 5:30 p.m., the music starts at 7 p.m., and Almost Famous starts at 8 p.m. As always, we’ve got great music and fabulous food trucks so come early to get a good spot and some tasty grub while you enjoy the music.
The following food trucks will be at the drive-in:
- Son of a Bun, serving outstanding burgers, chicken sandwiches, handmade potato chips, and donuts.
- Romolo’s, an Italian inspired food truck serving items like mozzarella sticks, Italian sandwiches, pastas, salads, and more.
- Vizzi Truck, offering burgers, tacos, sliders, and combo plates.
- Coolhaus, providing us with our weekly ice cream and cookie fix—not to mention the artisan marshmallows.
- Brasil Kiss, offering direct-trade Brazilian coffee, yerba mate drinks, and Brazilian street food.
- Crepe de Ville, serving up delicious sweet and savory crepes like ham and cheese, sugar and cinnamon, and chocolate raspberry.
There will be a limited amount of tickets available at the door, but since this is a drive-in, we expect this showing to be a big hit, so we strongly encourage you to buy your tickets ahead of time at http://almostfamousdrivein-eorg.eventbrite.com/. General admission tickets are $10 and drive-in tickets are $15.
Everyone loves a drive-in, and Almost Famous is definitely one of those movies that you can see over and over again, so get your tickets, come early, come hungry, and click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qn3tel9FWU) if you need to brush up on the lyrics to “Tiny Dancer.”